|Job Title||LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse|
Sign on Bonus Available!
There is no substitute for home, but our goal at Glendale Post Acute Center is to provide a homelike environment. We encourage you to view this transition as an increase in health and safety to allow for a fuller life.
We are looking for LVNs who are passionate about their work and their community.
Our Licensed Vocational Nurses treat each resident with the same kindness, dignity and respect that they would treat their family members. Kindness includes having a positive, empathetic and calm attitude, being courteous to families and visitors. Dignity includes calling the residents by their name, monitoring fall risks, communicating clearly, empathetically, and effectively. Respect includes knocking before entering, doing the right thing and being patient while treating difficult residents during difficult situations.
Our LVNs make sound independent decisions and value a cooperative team culture.
Most days will include these essentials…
- Ensuring that all nursing care including vital signs, catheter insertion, and wound dressing are all provided in privacy
- Excellent communication practices including listening, reporting changes and addressing any concerns
- Performing accurate and detailed charting of resident progress notes
- As a leader, you will assist in supervising CNAs, report any resident changes and occupational exposures to Managers, abide by ALL policies
The minimum LVN requirements include …
- Completion of LVN training and license
- Valid CPR and BLS card
- IV Certification is a plus
- 1 year of skilled nursing experience preferred
- Must be able to speak, read, write and comprehend the English language