|Job Title||Admissions Coordinator|
The purpose of your job position is to obtain the required information and admit residents in an efficient manner, with the facility's established policies and procedures, and as directed by management.
The Admissions Coordinator will treat each resident fairly, kindly, and show them dignity and respect. They will refer to each resident by their name. They will communicate clearly, empathetically, and effectively when speaking to residents, family members, visitors, all staff and governmental agencies. They will work cooperatively with all departments and multidisciplinary teams. They will demonstrate patience, initiative and willingness to assist residents that may be difficult or in discomfort. They will relate all pertinent information concerning a resident's condition to a charge nurse as required. They will be committed to always doing the right thing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Building admissions packets
- Maintaining an accurate record of available beds
- Interviewing residents/guardians/sponsors and obtaining required admissions information and signatures
- Notifying nursing department when the resident arrives so they can be escorted to their room
- Helping with resident admission orientation program
- Communicating any admissions problems immediately to a nursing supervisor
- Creating and updating a list of all residents and assigned room numbers
- Providing excellent customer service to potential residents and family
- Conducting facility tours in a professional manner
- Maintaining a log of meetings with newly admitted residents to ensure 100% compliance with admission packet sign-ins
- Partnering with Administrator and Marketing Director to set the monthly sales calls
- Making calls to physicians, hospitals, medical groups, etc. in conjunction with the Marketing Director
- Updating the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) module in Point Click Care daily
- Attending stand-up meetings every day.
- Overseeing inquiries from physicians, hospital discharge planners, etc and responding to all referrals within 15 minutes of receipt
- For PDPM compliance, ensuring all new admissions to the facility have proper documentation discharge summary, therapy notes, nursing notes, and medication list
- Assisting the MDS Coordinator or Case Manager with scheduling patient assessments
- Keeping updated with Medicare/Medicaid regulations governing admission and discharge requirements
- Reporting any occupational exposures to blood, body fluids, or other hazardous materials to a supervisor immediately
- Protecting each residents file and data with confidentially per HIPAA standards
- Abiding with all facility policies and procedures including not disclosing user ID codes and passwords
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies these are the only duties you will be required to perform as directed by management. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position
Education / Licensure
High school diploma or GED
Some college advertising, marketing or business courses helpful
Qualifications & Experience
1 year experience preferably in a long term care environment
Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
Must be accurate with details regarding residents medical records
Works in office areas as well as throughout the facility. May encounter frequent interruptions.
May be involved with residents, personnel, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc., under all conditions and circumstances.
May be requested to work beyond normal working hours at times.
Is subject to call-back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.). May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
Must be able to move intermittently throughout the day
Repetitive hand motion
Must be able to lift, bend/twist, stack, carry and file up to 25 lbs. of packets, pamphlets and admissions folders
Ability to read fine print on tablet, reports or in marketing materials